Telephone 01603 977 477
Appointments can be booked online via the above link, by telephone or by visiting reception. If you wish to access the online service, you will need to obtain a unique Username and Password from your surgery reception. Please bring some form of photo identification with you (driving licence or passport). Please DO NOT use your own Username and Password to book appointments for other patients or persons not registered with this practice.
Appointments are 10 minutes long so it may be helpful to bring only one problem to the appointment so that it can be dealt with thoroughly. If you have a complex issue to discuss or a number of problems, a double appointment may be offered by the receptionist. Only one patient per appointment please.
Priority is always given to urgent cases and occasionally your appointment time may be delayed while a person with an urgent problem is seen by the medical and nursing staff. We would ask for your patience at such times.
The receptionists will ask the reason for your appointment when you book. Please do not be offended, they are following instructions given by the doctors and there are several reasons for doing this;
- To make best use of resources and ensure you are seen by the most appropriate clinician
- To assist in resolving your issue if it is something that could be dealt with for example a dispenser or medical secretary
- To provide the clinician with the reason for your appointment so that they can prepare and use the time more effectively.
There are 3 types of doctor appointments available to book;
Pre-Bookable Routine Appointments
- These can be booked 5 weeks ahead, morning and afternoon appointments will be available
- These appointments are for all non-urgent issues that do not need same-day attention
- In order to get an appointment at a convenient time, please plan and book ahead where possible
- If you need an appointment for a medication review, this will be indicated on your Repeat Prescription List and you must make an appointment for the review as soon as possible to avoid any delay in further medication being issued
- These appointments are available to book online, at reception or by telephone
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to get a routine appointment at your usual surgery at a convenient time, you may be offered an appointment at any one of our 3 surgeries (Cringleford, Hethersett or Mulbarton).
Pre-Bookable Telephone Appointments
- These appointments are also available to book up to 5 weeks ahead
- The appointment times are either between 8am to 8.30am or 10am to 3pm
- These are made available daily and can only be booked at reception or via the telephone
- These are for urgent issues which cannot wait until the next routine appointment
- These are 5 minute appointments and therefore are not suitable for complex or multiple issues
- The majority of appointments are available mid-morning, any request for urgent afternoon appointments will be triaged by the receptionist
- These appointments are not for the completion of forms, sick certificates or non-urgent repeat medication
- You will be asked to provide the reason for your appointment so that the clinician can prepare and use the time effectively
PLEASE NOTE: If you need to be seen by a doctor as an emergency, you will be seen, however you may be offered an appointment at any one of our 3 surgeries (Cringleford, Hethersett or Mulbarton).
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. Missed appointments waste a considerable amount of time and money for the NHS. Only one patient per appointment please.